Another update to share with you all, the Badminton Men’s Doubles Group D – Malaysia v Japan Full Replay from Youtube.
Badminton made its debut as a demonstration sport at the 1972 Olympic Games in Munich. It was not until the 1992 Games in Barcelona that it was officially included on the Olympic programme, with men’s and women’s singles and doubles events. The mixed doubles event made its debut in 1996 at the Atlanta Olympic Games. Since then, the number of events has remained unchanged.
Find more about Badminton at http://www.olympic.org/badminton
- Badminton Players Ousted for Trying to Lose (olympics.time.com)
- Badminton Players Disqualified for Throwing Matches, Which Would Never Happen at a Backyard Barbecue (nesn.com)
- Watch: Badminton Olympians Charged With Throwing Matches (abcnews.go.com)
- Badminton players charged with throwing matches (sportsillustrated.cnn.com)
- Badminton chief apologizes, players thrown out – Reuters (reuters.com)
- Mark Purdy: Badminton scandal steals the Olympic spotlight (mercurynews.com)
- Olympic badminton cheats kicked out for trying to LOSE (express.co.uk)
- Chinese Badminton Player Blogs ‘Farewell’ to Sport (irrawaddy.org)
- The Olympic Badmonton Scandal No One Cares About, Because No One Cares About Badminton (manolith.com)
- Disqualified Chinese badminton player Yu quits sport after scandal (theglobeandmail.com)
- Now We Have A Badminton Fix At The Olympic Games-Yes Badminton (1045theteam.com)
- London Olympics 2012 – part 9 Malaysia Athletes updates – Badminton (borneotraveladvisor.wordpress.com)