Another update to share with you all, the Badminton Mixed Doubles Group Stage D – Taipei v Malaysia Replay from Youtube.
Badminton made its debut as a demonstration sport at the 1972 Olympic Games in Munich. It was not until the 1992 Games in Barcelona that it was officially included on the Olympic programme, with men’s and women’s singles and doubles events. The mixed doubles event made its debut in 1996 at the Atlanta Olympic Games. Since then, the number of events has remained unchanged.
Find more about Badminton at http://www.olympic.org/badminton
- Badminton Players Ousted for Trying to Lose (olympics.time.com)
- London Olympics 2012 – part 9 Malaysia Athletes updates – Badminton (borneotraveladvisor.wordpress.com)
- Badminton chief apologizes, players thrown out – Reuters (reuters.com)
- Olympic badminton cheats kicked out for trying to LOSE (express.co.uk)
- Mark Purdy: Badminton scandal steals the Olympic spotlight (mercurynews.com)
- Chinese Badminton Player Blogs ‘Farewell’ to Sport (irrawaddy.org)
- Badminton Players Disqualified for Throwing Matches, Which Would Never Happen at a Backyard Barbecue (nesn.com)
- Disqualified Chinese badminton player Yu quits sport after scandal (theglobeandmail.com)
- Watch: Badminton Olympians Charged With Throwing Matches (abcnews.go.com)
- Eight Badminton Players Who Tried To Throw Games Disqualified From Olympics [Video] (deadspin.com)