Hey guys, this is a very emotional day to me personally and this emotion will carry until tomorrow, the 5th August 2012. I am currently in Kuala Lumpur, the badminton fever is high here, TV channels everywhere I go are all talking about this BIG NEWS, will Malaysia’s Olympics gold medal drought gonna end this Sunday? BERNAMA has been one of the fastest news online to keep us update, herewith many thanks to BERNAMA for the news, enjoy your reading of the day, wink!
London 4th August 2012 – The answer to Malaysia’s long awaited gold medal for the country in an Olympics most likely lies on the shoulders of Malaysia shuttler Datuk lee Chong Wei, who has qualified for the men’s singles final of the badminton competition at the ongoing London Olympics here.
Trailing on his footsteps are Malaysian’s men’s doubles pair Koo Kean Kiat and Tan Boon Heong, ranked eight in the world, who will also be contention to the same in the badminton competition at the Wembley Arena here.
He will be facing his arch nemesis and defending champion Lin Dan of China in the final this Sunday.
Lin Dan defeated Lee Hyun Il of South Korea 21-12, 21-10 in 39 minutes in the other semis.
Sunday’s clash of the titans will be repeated of the 2008 Beijing Olympics in which Chong Wei has to play bridesmaid to the Super Dan.
In Beijing four years ago, Lin Dan beat Chong Wei 21-12, 21-8 in the final.
My prayer and I believe, all Malaysians‘ prayer to Datuk Lee Chong Wei that he is to win the game for himself, for his family and his loved ones and of course, for US his beloved fellow Malaysians, also his beloved country, Malaysia! Either gold or not, Malaysia is proud to have the world top shuttler!
Source courtesy to: Zulhilmi Supaat of BERNAMA
- City Room: Lee Chong Wei’s Olympic Hopes Are Focus of Malaysian Badminton Players in Queens (cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com)
- London Olympics 2012 – part 9 Malaysia Athletes updates – Badminton (borneotraveladvisor.wordpress.com)
- Lin Dan, Chong Wei set for Olympic final rematch (3news.co.nz)
- London Olympics 2012 – part 3 Malaysia Athletes (borneotraveladvisor.wordpress.com)
- Rashid Sidek thinks Lin Dan is capable of winning gold medal twice – London Olympics Update (blogs.bettor.com)
- Badminton: China’s Lin in men’s final with Lee (reuters.com)
- London Olympics 2012 – part 8 Malaysia Athletes updates – Badminton (borneotraveladvisor.wordpress.com)
- Badminton: Lee to face nemesis Lin for gold (oddonion.com)
- LEE CHONG WEI vs CHEN LOONG (mydestiny2011.com)
- London Olympics 2012 – part 19 Malaysia Athletes updates – World 2nd Datuk Lee advanced to semifinals (borneotraveladvisor.wordpress.com)
- London Olympics 2012 – part 18 Malaysia Athletes updates – Badminton Men’s Singles Group A – Malaysia v Finland Full Replay (borneotraveladvisor.wordpress.com)
- London Olympics 2012 – part 17 Malaysia Athletes updates – Badminton Men’s Doubles Group D – Malaysia v Japan Full Replay (borneotraveladvisor.wordpress.com)
- Tan Boon Heong targets Men’s Doubles gold medal at 2012 London Olympics – Badminton news (blogs.bettor.com)
- London Olympics 2012 – part 15 Malaysia Athletes updates – Malaysian Women Divers Fail To Deliver Much Awaited Medal (borneotraveladvisor.wordpress.com)
- Gold bar offered to any Malaysia gold medallist (metronews.ca)
- What’s A Gold Medal Really Worth? (npr.org)
- London Olympics 2012 – part 16 Malaysia Athletes updates – Malaysian athletes will get biggest bonuses at the London Olympics, with half a million euro promised to each gold medalist (borneotraveladvisor.wordpress.com)
- Pregnant Malaysia shooter at London Olympics gets praise (bikyamasr.com)