I am separating this part from the original news released by BERNAMA from the same post on the today.
London 4th August 2012 – National archer Khairul Anuar Mohamad, who is making his Olympics debut,missed a semifinal slot after he bowed out 2-6 to Takaharu Furukawa of Japan in the quarterfinals of the men’s Recurved Individual event at the Lord’s Cricket Ground here.
Strong winds at the venue effected Khairul Anuar’s concentration besides having contend with Furukawa, who has seen Olympics action three times.
However, the world number 20 can take comfort in knowing that he equaled his seniorCheng Chu Sian’s achievement in the 2008 Beijing Olympics as both the Malaysians became stranded at the quarter-final stage.
Early in the day, he had beaten three times Olympian Larry Godfrey of Britain 6-5, after collecting a bull-eye, 10 points, in the shoot-off when both archers were tied with 136-136 points in the five ends, to make the quarterfinals.
Source courtesy to: Zulhilmi Supaat of BERNAMA
- UPDATE2: Olympics: Japan’s Furukawa gets silver in men’s archery (english.kyodonews.jp)
- Photos: Medal Round – Men’s Archery Individual at the 2012 Olympics on August 3 (photos.mercurynews.com)
- London Olympics 2012 – part 11 Malaysia Athletes updates – Gold remains elusive (borneotraveladvisor.wordpress.com)
- Olympic Archery 2012: Day 7 Results, Medal Updates, Highlights and More (bleacherreport.com)
- London Olympics 2012 – part 19 Malaysia Athletes updates – World 2nd Datuk Lee advanced to semifinals (borneotraveladvisor.wordpress.com)
- Olympics 2012 news: Olympics 2012: What time are the Brits on during August 3? (walesonline.co.uk)
- National Olympics 2012 News: Godfrey calls for archery rule change (journallive.co.uk)
- Live Sport Reports: Godfrey calls for archery rule change (walesonline.co.uk)
- Live Sport Reports: Godfrey edged out (walesonline.co.uk)
- National Sport: Godfrey calls for archery rule change (coventrytelegraph.net)
- National Sport: Godfrey edged out (coventrytelegraph.net)
- London 2012 Archery: Indian men knocked out of Olympics archery (sports.ndtv.com)
- Godfrey exit ends GB medal hopes (bbc.co.uk)
- Olympics: Japan’s Furukawa advances to final in men’s archery (english.kyodonews.jp)
- Photos: Medal Round – Men’s Archery Individual at the 2012 Olympics on August 3 (photos.denverpost.com)
- UPDATE1: Olympics: Japan’s Furukawa gets silver in men’s archery (english.kyodonews.jp)